Next: Once Warm
Up: Speeding Up The Warm
Previous: Softening the Vacuum with
This results in the least thermal shock to the cold mass, but is also
slower than softening the vacuum.
To accomplish this:
- Wait until the MC, 100mK and still plates are warmer than 5K.
- Turn on the forepump and condensor.
- Open V5 and V2.
- Pulse V9 until P2 reads about 1 bar.
- Close V9.
- Turn off the forepump.
- Open V3.
- Until the system is warm, periodically check that P2 is less
than 2 bar. If P2 exceeds this, then pulse V4 to leak mixture back
to the dumps.
- Once the system is warm. Recollect the mixture.