Next: Disconnecting the Leak Checker
Up: Leak Checking the OVC
Previous: Connecting the Leak Checker
At this point you should see the leak rate jump to a few
L/s. Anything significantly above this indicates a leak. See
Using a helium gas bottle, spray some helium around the connected joints. It is often best to start close to the leak checker and work your way back to the OVC.
- Along the hose from the leak checker to the pump cart.
- Along the hose from the pump cart to the OVC valve.
- Around the OVC valve on top of the cryostat.
- Where the top of the OVC can meets the 300K plate.
- Where the bottom half of the OVC meets the top.
- Leak check the dilution unit and precool lines. (See
Any jump in the leak rate indicates a possible leak, see
[sec:trouble.leak]§sec:trouble.leak. Otherwise, if
there are no leaks, you are ready to [sec:cooldown]cool down.